When you visit milkcopenhagen.com, we collect information about your visits on the website. We use this information to improve your user experience, evaluate the use of the individual items on milkcopenhagen.com, and to support our marketing.
The collection of personal customer information at milkcopenhagen.com takes place within the framework of existing legislation and the EU's general regulation on data protection (GDPR).
milkcopenhagen.com automatically records your IP address as well as data regarding your movements between different pages and services on the web page. We will also register if you log in or sign up for our newsletter in order for us to make it easier for you next time.
We use various analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us collect statistical information about the use of milkcopenhagen.com and make it a better experience for you.
milkcopenhagen.com collects information from users from five different sources:
From cookies when you visit our websites, for example. IP address, country, pages displayed, categories shown, tags, interaction/clicks, and searches.
From purchases, e.g. demographic data, email address, payment information, items, order amount, discount level, brands, and frequency. Included is the sending of transaction emails, e.g. order confirmation, shipping confirmation and refund confirmation.
From user behavior and engagement in the sent communication (e-mail, SMS, direct mail or telephone), for example. opening speed, click speed and time spent reading the emails, sender domain and type of email client.
From users who provide information about themselves (eg by adding a favorite tag or information to the customer profile)
From credit rating from third party assessment company.
The purpose of collecting information serves different areas:
- Liabilities. To fulfil our commitment to you as a customer or user of our services - such as purchase, billing, customer service and MyMilk Copenhagen account.
- Customer service. To be able to perform customer service via MyMilk Copenhagen account, e-mail, chat or phone. Answer questions related to your order or previous orders, correct errors, and guide the customer.
- Marketing. To show inspiration, product offerings/services and personal recommendations via website, e-mail, SMS, direct mail, telephone and via third-party marketing.
- Customer experience. To improve the customer experience when interacting with Milk Copenhagen, such as personalizing your experience at milkcopenhagen.com, developing new features, services, and products. This also includes managing, protecting, operating, and maintaining our websites, system administration and security, and consenting to aggregated site usage, purchasing, and improving understanding of our customer's preferences.
- Fraud and risk. To prevent fraud and carry out risk assessment.
- Legislation. To comply with applicable law.
Milk Copenhagen creates individual customer profiles based on collected data about you across all data sources/categories, eg. browsing behaviour along with your purchases and information that you have provided (such as favourite brand and favourite products). We combine and analyze this data to improve your experience at milkcopenhagen.com and to tailor personalized offers and services as well as to define the communication frequency.
Data retention period
We retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in Terms of Sale and Delivery unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, legal, tax or regulatory or other lawful business purposes.
How are cookies used on milkcopenhagen.com?
1) Absolutely necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary so that you can safely navigate the website and use all functions.
For example, we use these cookies:
• to give you access to protected areas of the Website;
• to remember if you have accepted the cookie banner displayed on our website;
• to remember the information you previously entered when completing a form;
• to allow you to add products to the shopping cart.
We use these cookies to enable the services you request on our websites. This type of cookies should not be disabled. If you block these essential cookies through your browser settings, we can not guarantee your safety or predict how our site will function during your visit.
2) Function cookies
With these cookies, we can personalize your visit to the website.
For example, we use these cookies:
• to collect data about the options you chose during your last visit (e.g. your preferred language or preferred location);
• t o collect data about the products that you have placed in your shopping basket;
• to collect data about the information you previously entered when completing a form.
The information collected by function cookies is anonymous and will not be associated with any data related to the use of other websites by visitors.
3) Performance and Analysis Cookies
These cookies collect general information about how our website is used.
For example, we use these cookies:
• to record the number of visitors, who visit our website;
• to detect errors that may occur while being on our website;
• to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by e.g. checking from which website the visitors came.
These cookies enable us to generate usage reports and statistics on how visitors use our website and to improve the usability and quality of our website. These third-party analytics are third-party cookies. In particular, we use Google Analytics to measure the effectiveness of our advertising and to understand how visitors use our site.
4) Social media and advertising cookies
These cookies are set by third parties and collect information about your browsing habits in order to display advertising that is more relevant to your interests based on your online navigation.
• show you interest-based advertising after visiting our website;
• share information about your visit to our website to advertising companies and social networks (such as Facebook or DoubleClick, Criteo, Sociomantic, Adform, Youtube, Instagram and Google) so that they can show you interest-based advertising;
• control advertising effectiveness by tracking lead conversion (That is, tracking whether you made a purchase after following a link to our website from another third-party website).
If you disable these cookies, you will no longer see our targeted advertising on the various websites you visit.
How do I avoid cookies?
You can manage cookies through your browser settings. If you change your settings and want to disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our website to the full. For example, if you disable or refuse the essential cookies, you will not be able to shop on our website.
For general information about setting your cookie preferences in your Internet browser, go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
The following external links explain how you can manage cookies in popular browsers:
Cookie Settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie Settings in Google Chrome
Cookie Settings in Firefox
Cookie Settings in Safari
Information about your visits to our website recorded by Google Analytics can be found here.
For Google, visit https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en
How do we protect your personal information?
We have administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information, which we provide through the website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, alteration, disclosure or use, or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss or access, or any other form of processing.
For secure transfer of your payment card data over the Internet, we use Secure Sockets Layer technology ("SSL"). You can check the security of the connection using the URL line of your browser. When you visit a secure website, the beginning of the Internet address changes from "http" to "https". If you use an Internet browser or a firewall, which does not allow communication through secure websites, you will not be able to make purchases on our website.
How long do we store your personal information?
We retain the personal information, which we collect for the duration of our customer relationship with you, plus a reasonable period of time to comply with applicable statutory retention or limitation periods, or otherwise, as required for our business purposes as described above.
If you agree to receive marketing communications, we will store the information required to provide you with these types of communication for a period of three (3) years after the end of our customer relationship or after the collection of data.
After expiration of the retention period, your personal data will be completely deleted or anonymised, so that they are no longer identifiable for statistical and analytical purposes.
What rights do you have to your personal data?
According to applicable law, you may have access to personal information, which we collect about you.
In addition, and in accordance with applicable law, you may receive the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to share this information with another company, if technically possible.
You may also object at any time to the use of your personal information for reasons pertaining to your particular situation if we use that information on the basis of our legitimate interests as described above.
If we use your personal information to send you marketing communications, you may object at any time without stating a reason (e.g. by clicking on the opt-out link in our marketing emails or by contacting our customer service or data protection officer) and we will apply your preferences in the future. You may also revoke any consent that you have previously given us. If you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of your use of your data based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact our Privacy Officer as described in the 'How to contact us' section. Please include your name, e-mail address and postal address in your application. To protect the confidentiality of your information, we also ask you to attach a copy of your identity card or passport to verify your identity. If you have authorized a third party to file an application on your behalf, we will ask them to prove your permission to act.
If you have an online customer account, you can also access, modify, or update your information by logging into My Account on our website and changing your information accordingly.
You can contact us about the processing of your data and information. Your message can be submitted to the DPA.
MILK Copenhagen ApS
Balticagade 10B 2nd TV.
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Customer service on +45 31 44 24 78
Monday to Friday from 10-14